How to Get Rid of Dry ScalpA dry scalp is not only irritating, but it can also be very embarrassing. A dry scalp can be caused by a lack of oil in the hair, harsh shampoos, or hard water. Signs and symptoms of dry scalp are itching and small white flakes that come off easily. If you have a dry scalp condition, you may be wondering how to get rid of dry scalp? Natural remedies can be effectively used as a treatment for dry flaky scalp. Home remedies will help you get rid of the dry scalp problem naturally. Most of these natural dry scalp treatments promise relief from dry, itchy, and flaky scalp.
|photo credit: mondopiccolo via photopin cc|
Dry Flaky Scalp Treatment using Home RemediesA dry and flaky scalp can be uncomfortable and irritating. You can try the following home remedies to get rid of dry flaky scalp.
1. One of the effective treatments to get rid of flaky scalp is a hot oil treatment. Heat a little olive oil or herbal oil in a small bowl and then massage this warm oil into the scalp until the hair is fully saturated. Hot oil treatments can help with dry scalp conditions including dandruff. Keep your scalp well nourished and moisturized by giving it a hot oil treatment at least once a week.
2. Aloe vera juice is another one of the popular home remedies for dry scalp. Aloe vera juice moisturizes your scalp, there by helps in reducing dry flaky scalp. Apply 1 teaspoon of aloe vera juice to your dry itchy scalp, and leave it on for moisturizing the scalp and reducing itchiness.
3. Yogurt is best for treating dry scalp conditions. It makes an excellent hair conditioner. After washing your hair, try rubbing some plain yogurt into your scalp, and then leave it for about 10 minutes to act on the dry itchy scalp.
4. Apple cider vinegar can be a wonderful natural conditioner for hair. Apple cider vinegar balances the pH levels of the scalp and may help relieve itchy, dry scalp.
5. A combination of egg white and yogurt is another great remedy for dry scalp. After shampooing, apply this mixture on damp hair for 15 minutes. Thoroughly rinse your hair with water. It will cure your dry scalp and create the perfect conditioner as well.
6. Add tea tree oil to your shampoo to get rid of dandruff, dry scalp, and itchy scalp. A mixture of olive oil and almond oil can also be used for the purpose of head massage.
7. Avocado oil is another natural treatment for dandruff or dry scalps. Take advantage of the high fat content of avocado oil by massaging it into your scalp.
8. Eating a diet rich in omega-3 and vitamin E nourishes and moisturizes your scalp and skin from the inside.
These home remedy treatments for dry scalp are simple to follow and easy to use. Follow these dry flaky scalp home remedies to ensure a healthy scalp and in turn healthy hairs.