Get Rid of Pimples and Acne Scars
Home Remedies for Treating Pimples and Acne Scars
1. Aloe vera is one of the best home remedies for treating pimples and acne scars. Aloe vera helps to heal skin damage caused by your acne. It greatly reduces the swelling, inflammation and redness associated with acne.
2. Potatoes are considered one of the most popular home remedies for treating cystic acne. Potatoes help to cure skin blemishes and clear acne scars because they contains sulfur, chlorine, potassium, and phosphorus. Apply potato juice on the skin area damaged with cystic acne.
3. Applying tea tree oil on your acne breakout before going to bed can effectively help kill acne-causing bacteria, reduce swelling, redness and scarring that commonly occur.
4. Baking soda can be used effectively for the treatment of pimples and acne scar. Mix up the baking soda and water, and apply to the face by gently massaging it into the pores of your skin.
|photo credit: *clairity* via photopin cc|
6. Sandalwood paste is a good natural treatment for acne scars. Prepare a face mask with sandalwood powder and rose water. The antimicrobial properties of sandalwood, is what gives it its skin healing power.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar is an excellent treatment for removing pimples and acne scars. Dab some apple cider vinegar on a cotton ball and apply to your face. It can also be used for treating back acne.
8. An excellent home remedy to get rid of pimples and acne scars is to extract juice of one lemon and mix with equal quantity of rose water and apply it to your face or affected area with a cotton ball.
9. Tea tree oil added to aloe vera gel can reduce cystic acne redness and swelling. Combine 1 part tea tree oil with 9 parts aloe vera gel. Apply it directly on to the infected area. This natural cystic acne treatment would surely help in healing them effectively.
10. Strawberries are good as a natural home remedy for treating acne, because they contain lots of salicylic acid, which is one of the most common ingredients used in acne treatment products.
11. Pimples can disappear fast without scars by rubbing garlic on them. Garlic is believed to cure pimple because garlic possesses antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antiseptic properties, which kill those bacteria which are responsible for acne.
12. Eggs are considered to be one of the best home remedies to get rid of acne fast. Egg whites are chock-full of vitamins that can be beneficial for clearing pimples by exfoliating your skin and absorbing oil.
13. Oranges and lemons contain citric acid which has an anti-bacterial effect, which inhibits the growth of the bacteria, therefore exacerbating acne and pimples.
14. A combination of oatmeal and strawberries exfoliate your skin, remove excess oils and dirt from your skin, and also work to reduce redness and inflammation caused by acne.
15. Honey along with turmeric is one of the best natural home treatments to get rid of cystic acne. Apply honey turmeric mixture on your cystic pimple, leave on for 20 to 30 minutes, and then rinse in warm water.
16. The best acne treatment is to keep your skin clean from dirt and germs yet find a good balance between moisture and cleanliness.
17. Drinking water flushes toxins from the body, which helps prevent more pimples from forming.